Sunday, September 18, 2011

So much has changed in a year!

    On this day last year, I woke up on a Saturday morning, took a pregnancy test..read it, Ryan went to the store and got 2 more..I took them, and then we decided to believe that I was pregnant! We were so excited, I think we jumped up and down, screamed, hugged, and thanked God for the opportunity and from then on we prayed like crazy for our baby's health, our marriage, to be good parents, my health during pregnancy, and so many other things!

  It seemed like it would be forever until I got to meet my sweet little child. We anxiously awaited the day we would find out boy or girl! We thought boy..and a perfect boy we have! I was blessed with an amazing pregnancy and LOVED the whole experience. We were blessed by so many at our showers and with gifts and help from our families, and especially prayers. The peace that prayer from fellow Christians brings has never meant to much to me. Because I had never known worry like I learned about one year ago.

  On May 30th, at 3:50 am my water broke. (3 days past my due date) And 37 hours later (yep, that's a long time)...my heart changed forever. #1 best moment ever, when they handed me sweet Brody Thomas. To meet this little person I love so much already and know that he is part me and part my other favorite person..is just amazing!

    One year ago I found out I was going to be a mother, I have felt blessed every minute since I looked at that stick! I just daydreamed about what he would be like, what he would look like, and how it would be to be a mommy. I still do that, what will Brody be like as he grows, how will it be to take him to Kindergarten, or Disney World? I am on the best journey ever! Thank you God for creating me to carry and give birth to children, I can't imagine anything that holds more proof that God exists!

No comments:

Post a Comment