Friday, January 6, 2012

Thankful for the moms who work....outside the home

So, it is no secret that I am blessed to be a stay at home mommy and I LOVE it! Actually, I wouldn't always say I am a "Stay at Home" mom, because I love to take Brody places, so we don't always stay at home! I can't say enough how grateful I am to my husband for making it possible for me to be with Brody all the time and to choose this as my job!

While I wish for every mommy that she had the opportunity/ability to not work outside the home, I am thankful for many moms who are working other jobs. There are a lot of people who are in my life, or who will one day be a part of it, that I am grateful for the job they do. There are people who do these jobs who are not moms and they are great at it..But I think that with most jobs,especially ones that deal with people, being a mom only makes you better at it.

My OB-I LOVE her, and she's a mom. She delivered my baby and took care of me while I was pregnant. She assured me that all was well, gave me the advice I needed on caring for myself, and closely monitored my baby and me while I was in labor for like a week (okay not really) and made it possible for me to have the experience I had hoped for and  end result (Brody) that I couldn't even dream about. Sure there are other great doctors who aren't moms. But I am thankful that God placed some moms in hospitals and Dr's offices, because they are some of the best.

Nurses-Let's face it, moms are just good at taking care of people. I can think of so many nurses, in hospitals, Dr.'s offices, clinics, wherever, who made my experience better and many of them are mommies. One special nurse, our good friend Katie, was Brody's nurse at his first pediatrician visit when we had to take him to the ER. Having her there made it easier because she was so sweet to us! And she's a great mommy.

TEACHERS-Maybe the biggest one. How many of the teachers in your life were moms? Some of my very best and most influential teachers were moms and if they had been at home with their kids, my life may have been different. Teachers inspire, encourage, nurture, and guide children. I will feel so good one day knowing that Brody's teachers will love on him, because they are hoping someone will love on their kids.

Fitness Instructors-There are some awesome mamas who teach our Stroller Strides classes and if they weren't there, I would be in much worse shape!

Entrepreneurs-There are some amazing products for kids out there that are only in existence because a MOM saw a need for something or wanted to make something better and VOILA, she started a business and is selling a rocking product, or at least making an old one a billion times better.

Any other job out there that may bring me in contact with you-Moms (I hope) might have a little more compassion and understanding for children. Today I was at the zoo and this little girl almost ran straight into me because she wasn't watching where she was going. But..because I thought..that may be my kid pretty soon...and because she was trying to follow the "Efelant" tracks I couldn't be mad..I was in her way, I was walking all over those efelant tracks and she was trying to step on every one.

So...like I said..I am very PRO stay at home mommy, but for some people who may hate on the working mom..think about the women you know and how they are impacting your family by doing the job they are doing. Thank you and I applaud you working mothers!

1 comment:

  1. This post is great! You are so thoughtful and considerate to think about other people's positions in life.

    It was so fun to see you yesterday. I hope to see you again very soon!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete